About the role
The objective of the role is to act as the primary point of contact at RAM for technical support relating to install, service, repair and trouble shooting issues related to lifts and elevators. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate via phone or email or in-person to customers internally and externally (dealers, customers etc) in a timely manner. This is a non-IT role.
- Responsible for handling all Technical Support calls and queries from customers and dealers which include:
- Providing friendly and helpful customer service over the phone and through email.
- Supporting dealers in installing new products through technical support over the phone.
- Supporting trouble shooting and repairs of products over the phone.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to the field installation team.
- Provide onsite technical support and troubleshooting as required.
- Parts order review and processing
- Creating/ documenting processes and procedures to simplify customer support.
- Participate in field installations as and when required for training purposes.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor/Management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have at least 3-4 years customer service experience
- Must be able to communicate clearly and fluently in English on the phone .
- Knowledge of mechanical aspects in terms of manufacturing e.g. reading blueprints, troubleshooting, customer service preferable.
- Knowledge of electronics, component identification, troubleshooting, understanding basic circuits is an asset
- Experience and working knowledge of the lifts and elevators is an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English is required
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Educational Qualification :
- Technologist’s or Diploma equivalency in Mechanical, Electrical, Electro -Mechanical
Competencies: Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, Organization Skills