About the role
The Install and Service Technician is responsible for installation and service work for RAM Elevator and Lifts’ product lines. As a customer facing role, this individual will interact with customers to ensure their needs are met and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. The Install and Service Technician will advise customers of both needed and proactive service offerings on installed products. Attention to detail and mechanical aptitude are critical for this position.
This role requires travel to sites across Ontario with the majority of work in the greater Toronto region. Travel to sites across North America may also be required from time to time to support our dealer partners and hybrid markets.
- Residential elevator and commercial lift installation, inspections and service work
- Repair work as needed
- Provide excellent on-site customer service when interacting with contractors and customers
- Out of town travel within Ontario to customer sites
- Actively promote preventative maintenance plan
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and work with management to implement
- Clear criminal background check
- Minimum 5 years’ experience doing elevator and lift service and maintenance
- TSSA EDM – T is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs multiple times a day
- Familiarity with relevant elevator code is an asset (CSA B44-13, CSA B355-09, CSA 22.1, etc.)
- Must have good mechanical skill set
- Must be a self-starter
- Must perform at a high level of due diligence and have good attention to detail
- Familiar with various hand and power tools
- Full Class 5 driver’s license
- Experience towing a trailer is an asset
- Clear driver’s abstract
- Valid CSTS is required
- Valid First Aid is required
- Valid Fall protection training is required
- Valid WHMIS is required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$35.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience towing trailers?
- Can you lift up to 75lbs, multiple times a day?
- Can you provide a clear Criminal Background Check?
- Can you provide a clear Driver’s Abstract?
- Elevator and Lift Service and Maintenance: 5 years (preferred)
- Class 5 driver’s license (preferred)
- TSSA EDM – T (preferred)